MCRactive Pay & Play
WELCOME TO THE MCRactive Card
A new way to Pay & Play across Manchester.
If you swim in our pools, workout in our gyms, play on our courts, or kick around on our pitches, then this card is for you.
It doesn’t matter if you’re looking to play for fun, or serious, to socialise, on your own, with friends or family, to try for the first time, or not tried for a long time. Come along and play.
Join the BIG SIGN UP now for your FREE MCRactive card. As a MCRactive cardholder you can access exclusive prices when it goes live on November 1st - no joining or annual fee.
The MCRactive card will be accepted in most facilities across the city, from local community leisure centres to accessible national centres. SIGN-UP AND BOOK FOR FREE ONLINE OR IN PERSON.
What's more, if you sign up before 1st November 2017, you will be automatically entered into a free prize draw for the chance to win an iPad Air or an annual family activity pass.
Existing Pay & Play customers, who have previously provided details to book any activity will be automatically transferred to MCRactive.
Click below to join our BIG SIGN UP, receive exclusive rates and get active.
FIND YOUR PAY AND PLAY AND SIGN UP
Choose your sport of choice, enter postcode and search distance to find your nearest facility / facilities where you can come along, pay and play. Then follow link to register to become an online MCRactive cardholder and make your booking, or pop-in to your chosen facility.
I Want to Pay & Play
Find your nearest MCRactive Venues
|Abraham Moss Leisure Centre||Crescent Road, M8 5UF||0161 720 7622||Sign Up|
|Arcadia Library and Leisure Centre||Yew Tree Avenue, M19 3PH||0161 6419911||Sign Up|
|Ardwick Sports Hall||225 Stockport Road, M12 4DY||0161 273 7913||Sign Up|
|Belle Vue Sports Village||Kirkmanshulme Lane, Belle Vue, M12 4TF||01612310754||Sign Up|
|Debdale Outdoor Centre||1073 Hyde Road, M18 7LJ||0161 223 5182||Sign Up|
|Denmark Road||Denmark Road, M15 6FG||0161 227 9490||Sign Up|
|East Manchester Leisure Centre||Grey Mare Lane, Beswick , M11 3ND||0161 641 1200||Sign Up|
|Hough End Leisure Centre||480 Princess Road, M20 1HD||0161 641 6300||Sign Up|
|HSBC UK National Cycling Centre||Stuart Street, M11 4DQ||0161 223 2244 (opt.3)||Sign Up|
|Manchester Aquatics Centre||2 Booth Street East, Ardwick , M13 9SS||0161 275 9450||Sign Up|
|Manchester Regional Arena||Gate 13, Etihad Campus, Rowsley Street, M11 3FF||01612203800||Sign Up|
|Manchester Tennis and Football Centre||9 Sportcity Way, Etihad Campus, M11 3DU||01612203840||Sign Up|
|Moss Side Library & Leisure Centre||Moss Lane East, Moss Side, M15 5NN||0161 226 5015/6||Sign Up|
|National Squash Centre||Gate 13, Etihad Campus, Rowsley Street, M11 3FF||0161 220 3800||Sign Up|
|North City Family and Fitness Centre||Upper Conran Street, Harpurhey , M9 4DA||0161 3020930||Sign Up|
|Platt Fields Park Outdoor BMX||Platt Fields Park, Mabfield Rd, M14 6LN||0161 223 2244 (opt.3)||Sign Up|
|Ten Acres Lane Sports Complex||Ten Acres Lane, Newton Heath, M40 2SP||0161 974 7878||Sign Up|
|Wythenshawe Forum||Forum Square, Wythenshawe , M22 5RX||0161 935 4020||Sign Up|
Frequently Asked Questions
ABOUT THE CARD
What is the MCRactive card?
The MCRactive card is a Sport and Leisure centre Pay and Play user card, which entitles the user to a range of benefits.
Why should I sign up for a MCRactive card?
Signing up is completely free, with no joining fee or annual fee. Those who sign up before the end of October will be eligible for an exclusive preferential rate for pay and play sessions at sport and leisure centres across the city.
When does it start?
You can register for a card from 1st September 2017.
Anyone who registers between 1st September and 23:59 31st October will also be automatically entered into a Free Prize Draw for the chance to win an Apple iPad Air or annual family activity pass.
Who can get a MCRactive card?
Anyone can sign-up. You can get a MCRactive card by signing-up to become a member, free of charge.
What happens when I book out an Activity / area?
If you secure a Pay & Play booking (football pitch, tennis / badminton / squash court, cycling track, basketball hall…), you will need to register your details with the centre to confirm your booking. This process will automatically enrol you as MCRactive cardholder. You don’t have to do anything else. You can pick up your card on your first visit.
What happens when I swim?
As swimmers do not necessarily need to ‘book’ an area of water, but can attend casual swimming, swimmers will need to pro-actively sign-up to become a MCRactive cardholder and start to enjoy the exclusive preferential rate for pay and play sessions. Sign-up can be completed in centre or online.
What will you do with my data once I have provided it? Will you share it with third parties?
Your data will not be shared with third parties without your consent to do so.
Your data is collected by the facility operator (Eastlands Trust and GLL) and controlled by Manchester City Council. Strict data sharing and privacy policies are in place which ensures the strict security of your data. Details of these policies can be found in each leisure centre and at mcractive.com and better.org
Will my exclusive pay and play rate end?
No. As a MCRactive card holder, your exclusive subsidised pay and play rates will be lower than the standard price tariff for as long as you remain a member.
Currently, MCRactive card holders will save up to 30% on pay and play prices from 1st November compared to non card holders.
Non MCRactive card holders will experience new subsidised prices from 1st November. Whilst these prices will be higher than those of card holders, they remain extremely good value in comparison to current market prices across Greater Manchester.
Can I sign up after the 1st November?
Yes. You can sign up at any point to receive the exclusive pay and play rate as a MCRactive card holder.
Other than pricing, what other benefits are there with the new card?
The card will enable the following:
Much better communication with customers.
Better knowledge of customers who use facilities, which will enable greater planning and improved services being offered.
Provide the opportunity for associated promotions on other activities across the sport and leisure sector - sports event ticketing etc.
More simplified use across a greater range of Sport and Leisure facilities in Manchester.
More targeted service offers to particular customer groups.
I’m an existing Pay and Play user, what do I do?
As an existing user of the facilities in Manchester, if you have previously provided your details to secure a booking, your details will be automatically transferred and you will become a MCRactive cardholder and continue to book Pay & Play activities. You can pick up your card on your next visit.
How do I pick up my card?
MCRactive cards will be available from the reception areas of all participating centres. Reception staff will be happy to assist.
I currently swim for free as I am aged 60+. Can I sign up?
If you are 60+ and already have a card to allow you access to free swimming you do not need to apply for the new MCRactive card as we will update your record automatically. After 1st November you can collect your new style card from your local swimming pool.
I currently swim for free in the school holidays. Can I sign up?
If you are 16 and under and already have a card to allow you access free swimming during school holidays you do not need to apply for the new MCRactive card as we will update your record automatically. You can collect your new style card after 1st November from your local swimming pool.
I currently have a Manchester Leisure Pass. Can I still use this?
Yes you can, for now. All Leisure Pass members will automatically be transferred to MCRactive cards and will continue to enjoy the same rates as the Leisure Pass offered.
The Leisure Pass scheme is being replaced with the MCRactive card scheme. No new Leisure Passes will be issued by the Council. When you come to renew your leisure pass you will in effect be renewing your new MCRactive card.
I have a Better membership. Can I still apply for a MCRactive card?
Yes you can. This will allow you to book Pay and Play activities at the MCRactive cardholder price. Your existing Better membership card will also allow you to book accessible Pay n Play activities.
Does the MCRactive card replace my Looked After Children card and its associated offers?
Not yet. You will still be required to use your Looked After Children Card to receive the benefits this card entitles the holder.
In time we are exploring how we integrate the Looked After Children’s card with the MCRactive card, so users are only required to have a single user account. This is a complex exercise to process with the data management systems and is taking some time to work through.
WHERE IS THE CARD VALID AND WHAT FOR?
Where can I use the MCRactive card?
You can use it at the following facilities:
- Arcadia Leisure Centre
- Ardwick Sports Hall
- Belle Vue Sports Village
- East Manchester Leisure Centre
- Hough End Leisure Centre
- Manchester Aquatics Centre
- Manchester Tennis and Football Centre
- Moss Side Leisure Centre
- HSBC UK National Cycling Centre
- National Squash Centre and Manchester Regional Arena
- North City Family and Fitness Centre
- Ten Acres Lane Sports Complex
- Wythenshawe Forum
What can I use the MCRactive card for?
The card can be used for booking and accessing Pay and Play activities across facilities, including (but not limited to): Swimming, Gym (and Induction), Fitness Classes, Indoor Hall Hire, Football (5 & 7-a-side indoor and outdoor, 9 & 11-a-side), Badminton, Squash, Cycling, Athletics, Tennis, Basketball.
In general, any activity you can turn-up, or book without signing up to a membership.
Can I use my card in other Sport and Leisure Facilities?
Not yet. Facilities such as Debdale Outdoor Centre, Active Lifestyles Centre and Regional Gymnastics Centre have different management operating systems which are not yet integrated with the systems of the facilities listed above. In time we fully intend these systems to be integrated but this will take a little longer. However, you can still enjoy low cost, subsidised rates at these facilities.
When can I use the MCRactive card?
You can use it during opening hours. For more details contact your regular, preferred or local leisure centre.
How do I sign up for a MCRactive card?
You can sign up online at MCRactive.com or call in to any participating leisure centre.
I signed up online so how do I get my card?
You can collect your card on your first or next visit to your chosen leisure centre. You do not need your card to make a booking online, over the phone or in person. For full terms and conditions see our website MCRactive.com
What do I need to sign up online?
You will need to complete all mandatory sign-up fields, along with a valid email address, the same email address cannot be used for more than one application. You can collect your card from the leisure centre you have selected / registered.
I only have one email address, how do I register my family members/children?
An email address can only be used once to register someone. Additional family members will need their own email address or alternatively they can visit their local leisure centre to sign up. Please see a full list of participating centres within these FAQs or on our website MCRactive.com.
Can you post my card?
We are unable to post cards. Please collect your card from your local chosen centre at the same time. You do not need your card to make a booking online, over the phone or in person.
What if I lose my card?
Please try and keep your card safe and let us know if you lose it as we may charge a fee for replacement cards.
Does it cost anything to join?
No, there is no joining fee.
Is there an annual fee?
No, there is no annual fee.
What if I forget my card?
You do not need your card to make a booking online, over the phone or in person. Your personal details can be matched once you have registered. Your card will ensure reception can validate and process your booking quicker.
THE BIG SIGN UP
Free Prize Draw - Terms and Conditions
- The MCRactive prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to anyone who successfully completes the registration process to become a MCRactive Pay and Play cardholder.
- MCRactive includes employees or agencies of Manchester City Council (MCC), Eastlands Trust (ET) and Greenwich Leisure Limited (GLL) or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must complete your personal details and successfully register to become a MCRactive Pay and Play cardholder. No purchase is necessary. Registration can be completed online at MCRactive.com, or at participating centres (see below) over the phone or in person. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us at; firstname.lastname@example.org with "MCRactive Pay and Play " in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint or additional submissions are not allowed.
- MCRactive accepts no responsibility for registrations that are delayed or incomplete or cannot be entered for any technical or other reason.
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 31 October 2017. Entries (registrations) received outside this time period will not be considered.
- Two winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 1 November 2017.
- Prizes include: 1. Apple iPad Air Wi-Fi 16GB, 2. Family Activity Annual Pass (allows access for up to 2 adults and 3 children for 1 year to a range of activities and participating facilities to be agreed with the winner to support their preference). The prize is subject to availability. The prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. MCRactive retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- MCRactive accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from).
- The winner will be notified by email on or before 15 November 2017. If a winner does not respond within 14 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and we are entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and we shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on reasonable request. The winner consents to the use, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by MCRactive and partner organisations) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
- MCRactive accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. MCRactive further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw
- MCRactive reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of MCRactive in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Participating centres; Abraham Moss Leisure Centre, Arcadia Leisure Centre, Ardwick Sports Hall, Belle Vue Sports Village, East Manchester Leisure Centre, Hough End Leisure Centre, Manchester Aquatics Centre, Manchester Tennis and Football Centre, Moss Side Leisure Centre, HSBC UK National Cycling Centre, National Squash Centre and Manchester Regional Arena, North City Family and Fitness Centre, Ten Acres Lane Sports Complex, Wythenshawe Forum
- Promoter: MCRactive, c/o Eastlands Trust Head Office, Manchester Tennis & Football Centre, 9 Sportcity Way, Etihad Campus, Manchester M11 9DQ